Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Doctors Appointment

So we had a doctors appointment last wednesday. We got a little more info on Jaydens case. The doctor pretty much said his is lethal, and will be lucky if he even makes it to full term. She's recommending we induce labor early due to many different things. One being we have a greater chance seeing Jayden alive in his earlier weeks because the bigger he gets the more his half a heart has to support. There are so many different cases I've been reading about but I can't compare. Jayden's is so different and Cory and I both have come to the conclusion that we need to make our own decision based on whats best for all of us.

She gave us a number to call for a program called Angel Watch which is a free program founded by Intermountain Health Care for cases like Jayden's. A nurse came and talked to us about birthing plans and how to make funeral arrangements. It was really helpful since I have no idea what the heck i'm doing this being my first pregnancy/labor and I've never planned a funeral before nor thought I'd have to at 21 years old.

It's things like this where I'm so lucky to have all the support that I do. I would be so lost in this if it weren't for people who start amazing programs like these. I've also read alot of stories of babies that don't make it including Meredith Mullen's blog which has given me much comfort. I also can't express how grateful I am to have such a supportive family!! Cory and I are truely blessed!

1 comment:

  1. K-

    Thanks for the shout out! I am so happy to hear that you are getting some support from different agencies. Keep me updated. You are in my prayers daily.

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete